Most upgrades of Open Atrium from one release to the next follow very similar, if not identical steps. However, be sure to check the release notes for you particular version for any extra instructions. Release nodes are available for all releases of Open Atrium from the downloads page.
- Backup your database and Open Atrium directory - especially your "sites" directory which contains your configuration file and your
filesdirectory which contains uploaded files. For a single site setup, the configuration file is the
settings.phpfile located at
sites/default/settings.php. For multisite configurations, the configuration file is located in a directory that corresponds to the URL of your site like
- Log on as the user with user ID 1, which is the first account created and the main administrator account. Do not close your browser until the final step is complete.
- Place the site in "Off-line" mode, to let the database updates run without interruption and avoid displaying errors to end users of the site. This option is at
- Move (or remove) the existing Open Atrium files from the installation directory.
- Unpack the new Open Atrium download into the installation directory.
- Copy your backed up
sitesdirectory into the Open Atrium installation directory.
http://www.example.com/update.php. This step will update the core database tables to the new Open Atrium installation.
- Finally, return your site to "Online" mode so your visitors may resume browsing. As in step #3, this option is available in your administration screens at
Note: The use of
www.example.com above is meant to serve as an example only. When you actually upgrade replace
www.example.com with your installation's domain name and path.
Note, part two: These instruction are heavily cribbed from the UPGRADE.txt that ships with Drupal, but the above instructions take precedence for Open Atrium.