The Admin module in Open Atrium is what provides the Admin toolbar, which by default appears in the upper-left corner as a wrench image. If you click on the wrench a toolbar will pop open. Using this toolbar is mostly self-explanatory. However, you can further configure the toolbar to show additional blocks.
Make More Blocks Available in the Toolbar
In order to make more blocks available in the Admin Toolbar, all you have to do is the following:
- Pop open the Admin Toolbar by clicking on the wrench
- Click on Administer > Site configuration > Administration tools
- On this page (admin/settings/admin), under the "Administrative blocks" section, choose additional blocks you'd like to enable in the toolbar. A brief summary of what the blocks do:
- Reorder menu lets you reorder the main features menu
- Context editor lets you edit what blocks show up on the current page, which is done by adding the blocks to one of the active contexts on the current page. This is a step saver instead of having to go to the Context UI to edit block visibility.
- Context inspector This block shows current context and values. It's a great debug tool
- Once you enable additional blocks they will appear as options in the pop-out Admin toolbar
Important note At the time of writing, the context editor block conflicts with the dashboard editor. When you have the context editor block enabled in the Admin Toolbar, the "Customize dashboard" button will not work.